The difference between thinking you can create a way to transport an injured skier and knowing you can is as simple as having a backcountry rescue sled as part of your
climbing equipment. All of our backcountry rescue sled products are designed to use a minimum of parts to transform a pair of skis and poles into a backcountry rescue sled for transporting an injured person to a landing zone or road for medical attention.
Backcountry sled products are made for skiers, mountain guides, and search and rescue teams for use in glacial or backcountry terrain buried in snow. Made from high quality materials, they work well for transporting injured people or as emergency shelter. All of our backcountry rescue sled products take up little room in your pack, and weigh about two pounds or less.
The Brooks-Range Backcountry Rescue Sled Advantage:
- Patented lightweight design
- Works with skis from 135cm to 205cm
- Fast assembly – less than two minutes (with practice)
- Creates a sturdy platform for moving any size person
- Brightly colored tarps increase rescue visibility
Except for the Eskimo Rescue Sled, all Brooks-Range backcountry sleds offer:
- Integrated straps on the tarp for security and stability
- Durable, brightly colored rip-stop nylon fabric
- Aircraft quality aluminum stretcher bars
- 5 backcountry ski straps for assembly & stuff sack for compact storage